Monday, March 06, 2006

Stockholm's new traffic congestion solution


Though I'm guilty of not utilizing mass transit, I'm very much a fan of it. Living in the North Hills of Pittsburgh, it depresses me that the metropolitan area build a huge highway corridor (279 North) but never gave any thought to a T-line. I used to take the Metro North line into NYC for work from Westchester County, and loved it. I would love for Pitt to have the same thing.

On that note, I found this story that Stockholm, Sweden is testing an RFID-based traffic congestion system. Everyone slaps an EZPass on their window,and gets charged to drive certain roads at certain times of day, in an effort to relieve congestion. It's gawd-awful ugly and it would never fly here. Too bad.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?